Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Introduction/First Post

Becoming a Dad was the scariest thing that I've ever done. It's full of it's ups and downs, it's happy and sad moments.  Not having kids as a newlywed couple, my wife and I had the freedom to do anything and go anywhere. Half a second later, I have two kids a dog, and another child making his/her entrance in a few weeks.  I wouldn't change any of it. Not for one minute.  Do I yearn for the old days sometimes? Yes. But I couldn't go back having experienced the birth of two children.  The first smile. The first words.  The first teeth.  The first steps. The first day of school. I think that is one of the most wonderful parts of being a dad.  Experiencing all of the firsts. Savoring all of the tiny miracles, bittersweet moments, happy (and sad) accidents; just being there as a dad. 

They say that Anyone can be a father, but not everyone can be a dad. This is why I chose to write this blog.  To share my experiences and thoughts on being a dad. And to try and be the best Dad I can, even after I come home from a long day at work and just want to relax or pass out. Making time to be Dad no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment