Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Rambling/What happens to our brains?

My wife was yelling at Olivia on the television before.  I walk around with songs like Riding the Range and the theme from Yo Gabba Gabba in my head. My brain sometimes turns to mush at work because I'm preoccupied with wondering about how my wife is doing at home (5 more weeks 'til C-day) with our 3 year old, and how our 6 year old is at school (behavior at home suggests he might have Oppositional Defiance Disorder--but I am NOT a doctor!).  So yeah, my brain turns to mush. Oh, and that script and short story I'm supposed to be finishing... I recently got a new smart phone, so that's a distraction--or is it merely an excuse for procrastination?  I don't know. But something's gotta give. I'm becoming more and more disillusioned at work, trying to make the transition to working from home as a writer instead of slaving 60 hours a week in the summer and getting cut down to 30 in the off-season. Oh and it's time to get our shit together and get what we need for when we bring the new baby home... My head hurts!

No comments:

Post a Comment