Search This Blog

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Half-Assed Weekend Post: The things they do to get your money!

So the wife and I are getting our shit together so that we can get pre-approved for a mortgage. It's time to buy a house, considering that we have three kids and a dog! We are doing the obligatory cleansing of our credit, paying down balances on credit cards, clearing up discrepancies on our credit reports. Lo and behold, we get a letter in the mail from a collector for my wife during the process. It's for a Victoria's Secret credit card she swears she paid off before we even started dating, which would have to be about fourteen years ago. The thing doesn't even show up on her credit reports. That's not the funniest part though. I am bewildered at the lengths these collections companies will go to, especially when trying to get you to pay them for a debt that isn't even valid. Which is why I guess this all makes sense. You see, they sent her a four page catalogue of products she could get for free if she pays off her alleged debt, A.K. A. completion of their Gift Reward Program. So this is how valueless debt gets rewarded? You'd have to be a complete moron to fall for this scam. But, I figured I'd put up some snapshots of the catalogue and pics of my favorite items in it. 
Pay off your debt that is not even showing up on any of the three credit reports, and you can get one of these! There's also a Nintendo Wii and a Dyson Vacuum cleaner. I should report these freaks to the Better Business Bureau! Just found this little nugget on the web.
Rjm Acquisitions Llc.  I guess I was right!
ZD






No comments:

Post a Comment