Search This Blog

Thursday, February 3, 2011

(Vague) Transitions... A.D.D. Blogtweeting

As a writer, I sometimes struggle with transitions. I write stand-alone scenes or chapters, and agonize over how to fit it all together. As a father and husband, transitions can be frustrating, wonderful, scary, but welcome. But it's always nice to prepare for transitions, rather than just thrusting yourself into one. Someone once said, "Change is good." But change can be terrifying. Especially if you have a horrible fear of the unknown. Because that is what comes with change, after the transition. Starting the transition is hard, but finishing it...

I babble. Incessantly. I know. Not necessarily musing. More like A.D.D. Blogtweeting.  I think I just invented a new word. Or maybe it's out there already. Who knows?! Maybe I'll google it. Some day, this will all be dialogue in some epic [horrible comedy] movie I write.

MySpace Graphics
Wtf Graphics & Funny Wtf Pictures

Right now, I am trying to embrace change. I am trying to initiate a smooth transition into the next chapter of my life. I am ecstatic about it! But I am also a little scared. It's a healthy amount of fear. But I know that the next chapter is one of stability and relative certainty. I am sick of instability, volatility, and uncertainty. I am ready to breath a sigh of relief and finish tip-toeing around on eggshells.

One thing is certain: I love my wife and kids. That will never change. Places may change, jobs may change, but love, family, and dreams are forever.

So at the risk of sounding trite, I turn to some literary allusions: I am ready to cross the next bridge. I will not burn it, but I am done mending fences. And should you come looking for me, I'll be on the road less traveled, because goddamn it, it's more fun there!

I'm looking forward to moving on. And in this case, moving on means moving forward. So in essence, I'm looking forward to moving forward. Mumbo jumbo.
ZD

No comments:

Post a Comment