Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Dueling Conversations/Racy Commercials

The wife and I have a unique way of having conversations these days. I love it when she tells me about work. I really do. Because for so long, she didn't have that. She gets so excited and animated when she talks about it. It's great; I'm genuinely happy for her... But after she's done, and I start to tell her something that's on my mind, she goes back to the other conversation. I'm sorry, I thought we were done with that conversation! So I let her finish, and then I go back to what I was saying, and I feel like an idiot. By no means am I minimizing what she has to say. But, can I get just one word in?  And then there are the times where we are having a dual conversation; I love talking about two things at once, as long as we can both follow each other! The other night, she was telling me something about work (big surprise) and I was talking about (gasp) writing. I was listening to her. I think she was listening to me. And yes, this happens a lot now that she is working again, and I am not.  The best is when we ask one another about a detail of the conversation we [thought] we were having with one another, and the questionee has no idea what the questioner is talking about. Sometimes we get pissed off at each other for not paying attention. Most of the time though, we end up laughing about it. On a positive note, we will never run out of things to talk about! I secretly look forward to the dueling conversation!

On a different note
These POM Wonderful commercials are pretty damn provocative. Sensual. Racy even. Especially for American television. I've seen a lot of risque European commercials, but these POM Wonderful commercials are really going up to the line and dancing on it. Personally, I like them. I think they're great. I hate censorship. I actually want to give kudos to the writer and director of these commercials. I'll have to pay attention to when they air and what channels they air on... Naaah, fuck it. I'll just put the videos in below.

First is my favorite, with Eve:


And my second favorite:



For the ladies:



Of course, we all know what the POM Wonderful advertisers are getting at here. Pomegranate juice is full of antioxidant goodness. Antioxidant goodness helps us in oh so many ways. Keeps us healthy, gets our blood flowing... Ok I'm done.

On a side note:
Looking at banned commercials on You Tube. There are some pretty funny videos. Check 'em out. Just search banned commercials. Of course, don't do it at night. You'll never go to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment