Search This Blog

Monday, January 3, 2011

Day One

So far, pretty painless. Delayed opening for Kid A, Kid B cried when Mommy left this morning and then wanted to stay in her bed indefinitely, and Kid C won't take his bottle or eat anything. It's only 12:30 PM, so there is still hope for him. He's going to get hungry! Kid B is okay now, she actually ventured out, ate breakfast, and is playing with her dolls. After repeated attempts at feeding Kid C, I've given up. He'll let me know when he's hungry. I think he is really missing Mommy...

It seems as though Kid C is off schedule by about four hours. It's 2:30 and he just decided to eat breakfast. He took a short nap and then finished his morning bottle. He doesn't seem to want me to put him down for more than 3 seconds, but that's going to be put to an end pretty soon. I understand that this is a transition, so he may be a little needy, so I won't Ferber him or anything! But, in the long run, after this transitional phase is over, shit has to get done. He will not be 10 months old sitting on my hip half of the day. Time to plan dinner.

I actually got a couple of things done today: I brushed the dog and went through a pile of bills and paperwork.

Kid C is finally napping. It's 5:30 and I need to make dinner. One little problem: He's napping on me. Kid A did his homework. Kid B didn't die of boredom, though she has asked when Mommy is coming home a half dozen times (at least).

Big plus: Kids A, B and C are all still alive, and I haven't burned the house down... Yet! My wife should be calling any minute to say she is on her way home. As soon as I make dinner, I'll consider today a success!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment