Search This Blog

Monday, January 24, 2011

Mr. Momday: Parenting from the Male Perspective

I just started this whole Mr. Mom thing. I'm going into week four. And I have a job interview this week. I don't know if I want to give up being a stay-at-home dad just yet. But unemployment isn't exactly the fast-track up the ladder of success. It's bittersweet. On one hand, I love being home with the kids. I don't mind cleaning the house. I don't mind doing the laundry. I enjoy it for the most part. On the other hand, my brain is turning to mush. I do miss working. Having more than just a few seconds of the day to myself (other than the quiet time of the day (night) when everyone else is sleeping kind of sucks! But I'm getting what most dads don't: Time to watch the kids grow up. So many fathers work their asses off, go home eat dinner, work a second job, go home and pass out. They see their kids at dinner and on the weekends if they're lucky. Other dads are just plain workaholics because it's in their blood. So they become weekend warriors. I want the best of both worlds. I have got to find a way to actually get paid to work from home, not just write my blog and screenplay when the kids are napping or when the whole family is sleeping. Dammit I need to make money so that we can move on up to the East Side!

On another note:
Kid C is really digging his new found independence feeding himself. Cheerios are his new favorite food. He's also chowing down on raviolis, pastina and peas, and yogurt. The dog is his new best friend. She gets all of his randomly dropped scraps, and she loves cleaning his highchair when he is done eating. His diapers, on the other hand, well... Let's just say I wish I could go back to baby food!

And now for something completely different:
I can't wait to get my second car fixed and back on the road. Then I won't feel exiled here at home with Kid B & Kid C while the wife is at work. Another week or so, and my banishment will be lifted. Thank god! Funny thing is, I'll be getting the minivan, and the wife will be getting the second car (Subaru Forester). I've grown to miss the Subaru, but I dig the Chrysler Town & Country that I bought last year for my wife. Guess I have turned into Mr. Mom all excited about driving the Swagger Wagon!

My Ride

2007 Chrysler Town And Country Front View

Okay, so my swagger wagon isn't exactly as nice as the one pictured above! And, I may have to think about a newer car to replace the Subaru pretty soon, too. First things first, though. Need to get it back on the road again so that we can all  be mobile!

No comments:

Post a Comment