Search This Blog

Friday, January 21, 2011

Zen and mush...

I'm trying to figure out what to do with this blog and where to take it... But right now, after week three of being with the kids, my brain has turned to mush. So this is my Half-Assed Weekend Post, a little early.





Kudos to Simple Dude for the idea. His blog is hilarious, check him out if you haven't yet. So on to my whining... Is it turning into a parenting blog? It sure seems that way. Did I intend it to be so? No, not really. But, when you're immersed in it for 24 hours a day, it seems that you just can't turn it off.  And since I am not the same escapist I used to be, there's no real way to run away from it, or at least get away from it for a little while. The big and small issues of parenting are always on your mind (and sex of course! I AM a guy) except when they are asleep (and being with the kids all week serves as a great form of birth control).

So I am trying to plan out what type of posts to do during the week, as to not be redundant with my ramblings and whining about the kids. Maybe a reflective memoir will be one day's post. Could be a way for me to become Zen-like, by recalling my past adventures/mis-adventures. One day may be devoted to the music that I'm listening to, which is definitely eclectic, ranging from old blues to dub-step and indie rock, with everything in between-except for maybe rap and country (sorry, not into it). Monday will be my Mr. Momday, dedicated to some topic relating to parenting from the male perspective.  

So help me out and tell me what you might want to read about. Tell me what you think of the posts you're reading here. Give me some feedback. Email me  Leave me comments. Join my Facebook fan page. Leave me comments there. Follow me on Twitter @zendiablo76. Tweet me. Join as a follower of this blog and comment here...

It's time to get the family ready for Story Time at the local Barnes and Noble, so in the vein of being a truly Half-Assed Weekend Post, adios and have a good weekend.

3 comments:

  1. So apparently according to AdSense, my blog is definitely geared towards parenting. Just look at the ads...

    ReplyDelete
  2. of course.. As was mine, is mine. I really abandoned it (my blog) because I need to be something more then this 24 hour 7 days a week parent..regardless of my parenting skills lol

    I have been writing so much, tho you will not find it because I have taken to pen and paper.

    ur faithful follower
    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the feedback and the follow. And hey, at least you're still writing. Did you delete your blog? Or is it still out there, floating around in limbo in the blogosphere?

    ReplyDelete