Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Lazy Blogging/Cable Rant

I have just become the world's laziest blogger. That's right, I'm not even typing anymore. Voice to text recognition on my HTC Droid Incredible right into Evernote is amazing. It's got some minor drawbacks; not every word is well recognized perfectly but it works. I still have to do some editing and minor proofreading but I am freakin' amazed. I now have absolutely no reason not to blog. My posts will never be too short because I'm too tired to type.

So on to bigger and better things. I need to rant. I recently ordered a new digital cable service from a local cable company. Reasonable and competitively priced products, I was excited about the new service. But it came time to receive the boxes, which I ordered via telephone and paid for priority/overnight shipping, and I waited and waited... Apparently priority/overnight shipping is actually three day shipping. The same type of shipping I would have gotten for  1/3 of the price. Hmmm. The boxes finally arrive on that third day, and I proceed to perform a self-installation. Simple, I've done it several times before. It doesn't take a genius to connect coaxial cable to the cable in and from the cable out to the tv(yeah I still have CRT TVs)... Oh, and you can't forget the power cords.


To make a long story short, I lost a day of my life to the idiots at this cable company, because their hardware  came pre-installed with the wrong software! All day I have a screaming baby, a grumpy toddler, and an ever-increasing headache as I wait on the phone and troubleshoot (the same way over and over) with the idiots on the phone from the cable company. All day, to find out that the damn software is wrong. So now, I need a tech to come out, and he won't be out until Thursday. It's Monday. These fucking boxes should be working. I received them at 10:25AM. They should have been activated and I should have been watching the fucking Price is Right at 11:00! At 4:30PM, I hang up the phone, disgusted beyond belief. 


I'll hopefully be getting a phone call at 8:30AM from a very nice supervisor from Cherry Hill in regards to my expedited service call. I'll also be receiving a generous credit on my first 6 months of bills, or HBO free for a year. Whichever, I'll take it. It's a good thing I can entertain my kids without the boob tube, but man I love my DVR!



No comments:

Post a Comment