Search This Blog

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Postmodern Neo-Hippies of the World Unite!

So, here it is. I'm starting over. It's a new year. I'm letting it all hang out. I used to consider myself to be a neo-hippie. I had long hair, went to jam band concerts, smoked weed, wore tye-died t-shirts. Yes, I saw the Grateful Dead when Jerry was still alive! And I'm very proud of that. Now, I'm not that different. I don't smoke weed any more. I shave my head, even though I have a full head of hair. Why? Because it's a no maintenance do. And I'm vain, and I'd probably never leave the house if I had hair long enough to have to actually brush, gel, or style. I'm not a tree-hugging liberal. I'm not a tea partier. I'm not a dirty neo-hippie (I shower sometimes twice a day). I'm not a chauvinist, nor a misogynist. I love my wife, and she loves me. We just switched places professionally. I just took on the domestic role, and she is now about to take on the bread-winning role.

Yes, I will be keeping up with Days of Our Lives. I will be seeing my 7-year old son off to school (Kid A). I will be taking care of my 9-month old son (Kid C), and my 4-year old daughter (Kid B). I will be making lunch for everyone, and preparing and cooking dinner most days.

So now, I'm re-labeling myself: I am now a postmodern neo-hippie because I'm not part of the establishment anymore. I grew up, but didn't turn into a friggin' neo-yuppie. I almost did, with my stint in advertising. But alas, I'm now unemployed, staying at home, honing my skills as a father and blogger (gasp)! Maybe I'll even finish my screenplay if my ass can come up with a damned ending. Maybe that should be one of my resolutions in addition to doing the whole P90X thing. Oh well. I guess we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment